Welcome to Kerbalism
Hundreds of Kerbals were killed in the making of this mod.
Kerbalism is a mod for Kerbal Space Program that alters the game to add life support, radiation, failures and an entirely new way of doing science.
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
Current version: 3.7
What’s new : New and Noteworthy
Download : Github releases - CKAN
Docs & support : Github wiki - Discord - FAQ - Github issues - KSP forums thread
License : Unlicense (public domain)
KSP version : 1.5.x to 1.9.x
Requires : Module Manager, CommunityResourcePack
Mod compatibility - Changelog - Dev Builds
Download and installation
Two packages are available :
- Kerbalism is the core plugin, always required.
- KerbalismConfig is the default configuration pack.\ It can be be replaced by other packs distributed elsewhere.
- Module Manager : must be installed in GameData
- CommunityResourcePack : must be installed in GameData
Third-party configuration packs
Make sure to install exactly one configuration pack only.\ Don’t combine packs unless there is explicit instructions to do so.
- ROKerbalism for Realism Overhaul / RP-1 by standecco
- SIMPLEX Living by theJesuit
- KerbalismScienceOnly for Kerbalism with the science feature only
Installation checklist for the “GameData” folder required content :
KerbalismConfig(folder, can be replaced by a third-party config pack)
Mod compatibility and support
Checking the mod compatibility page is mandatory before installing Kerbalism on a heavily modded game.
Kerbalism does very custom stuff. This can break other mods. For a lot of mods that breaks or need balancing, we provide support code and configuration patches. However some mods are incompatible because there is too much feature overlap or support is too complex to implement.
Documentation, help and bug-reporting
Tutorials and documentation are available at the Github wiki
Need help ?
- You found a bug ?
- You want to report a bug ?
- You want to contribute or add support for your mod ?
- Check the technical guide on the wiki
- Pull requests are welcome, especially for mod support configs. For code contributions, it is recommended to talk to us on Discord before engaging anything.
- Read the contributing documentation
- To build the plugin from the source code, read the BuildSystem documentation
Disclaimer and license
This mod is released under the Unlicense, which mean it’s in the public domain.
It includes MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the Internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the Internet and no personal information is sent. For more control, download the full KSP-AVC Plugin.